Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cauliflower Jalapeno Casserole

Last week I picked up a freelance gig.  And I shamefully neglected letting you know about this cauliflower casserole I made!  *Head slap*

Do you get bored with the same old veggie side dishes?  I do.  We eat a lot of steamed and roasted vegetable dishes.  But sometimes you need to sass it up.  I was perusing online and I came upon a yummy cauliflower dish.  It had to be yummy because it had cream and tons of cheese.  Looked like a tasty artery clogger.  BUT it gave me an idea for a healthified version.

Mine LOOKS delightfully unhealthy, right?

Look.  I'm not saying this was diet food.  But it had the all the comfort food qualities without all the guilt.

And a perfect side for steak night.

Warning, this is spicy.  So get ready for a kick!  Also, I eyeballed most of the ingredients so measurements below are a really good guess.  Enjoy!

Cauliflower Jalapeno Casserole

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese
  • 1head cauliflower
  • 1 small can jalapenos, drained
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese +

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350º.
  2. Steam chopped cauliflower for 6 minutes covered over high heat.
  3. Put the flour in a saucepan over medium heat.  Whisk in milk.  Once mixed, stir in cream cheese until it melts. Stir in shredded cheddar until melted and add jalapenos.
  4. Once blended, mix in cauliflower until covered.  Sprinkle extra cheddar on top.
  5. Bake half an hour at 350º.

No comments:

Post a Comment