Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cheesy Ground Beef Sliders

Guys!  Football is back!

Anybody that knows me knows that I don't particularly care about football itself.  I mean, it's no basketball.  But I looooove football just the same.  I like to tailgate & cookout.  Hangout with friends.  And have a reason to cook things I want to eat.  Things that I want a bite of but don't necessarily want hanging around the next day.
 
Exhibit A:  Cheesy Ground Beef Sliders

This was so easy that I made it at the same time I was making sausage gravy & biscuits for a brunch I was going to.  Hubs was having his buddies over and - since they couldn't partake of my delish-ious biscuits - I left them an easy treat.

Pic courtesy of The Hubs

If I was trying to get fancy with this, I'd have browned some onions and garlic before adding the beef.  But as I was aiming for a quickie, I browned 2 lbs ground beef, seasoned with salt & pepper.  Added a pack of Lipton's onion soup mix.  And then folded in 16 oz (or whatever the small pack of Velveeta is? 2% though, of course.)  Threw it on some sliced Hawaiian rolls.  Cooked 15 minute foil covered at 350º.  And done.

Or, I think done.  Hubs took it out of the oven & sliced.

For a simple, easy meat & cheese sammie, doesn't get much better than this.  And even better, it's a sign that Fall is heading our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment