Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Slow & Low Oven Chicken

Why hello there!  Did everyone have a nice weekend?  We had a lovely one.  Good times with friends and some very fun eating. 

Friday, we had dinner out with friends at Local where I had a terrific cheeseburger.  I love that they have the option to add bacon, fried egg, and/or foie gras.  It's like breakfast and dinner all in one bun!

Saturday, the Lams invited us over for some pho.  Alfred (of Wingy Dingy fame) started cooking it the day before so you know it's going to be good.  I love watching the steaming broth being poured over the very thinly sliced raw beef and cooking it.  I loaded mine up with sprouts, green onions, a little cilantro, and sriracha.  So, so yummy.

And so very pretty!

Sunday, I spent the afternoon cooking.  I've started washing all of my produce in one batch and it sure makes the week lower maintenance.

Taste the rainbow!

I'm still impressed by how much better my Kroger's produce has gotten since they bought out Schnuck's.  I wonder if one thing really has to do with other in that regard or if that's just coincidence?

My sous chef, Buster, was momentarily distracted by a little dog that wouldn't share.


I made a chicken divan casserole for Tuesday's Pilates night dinner.  And then some hummus.  I've been lazy lately and buying it.  Hubs actually likes mine better so I pulled out the food processor and made a sriracha batch. 

Mmm, spicy
Little dog won't share.  Can I have some hummus?
Nope.  Hummus is mine too.

After getting everything cleaned up from the chopping and cooking, it was time to prep for dinner.  Which I had been really looking forward to all week.

The Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite sites. I saw this recipe for slow & low cooked dry rub oven chicken and thought it looked deeeeee-licious.  I decided to skip the chicken pieces and just go for the chicken thighs.  Hubs prefers boneless but sometimes, well, he just gots to understand.

Look at them pretty little chickens.

Oh, my.  These thighs were SO GOOD.  The skin was nice & crispy.  I rubbed the dry rub on it and under it so it was nice and flavorful.  The brining made it really moist.  And the sauce from the juices was the icing on the cake, I mean thighs.  I served them with broccoli & cheesy rice.  (Which apparently I was too eager to eat to stop & take a picture of.)

It was the perfect end to a really nice weekend and an excellent way to ease into Monday.  Hope everyone's week started just as well.  Stay cool, Bubble-friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment