Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ladies that Lunch - Kwik Check

I took my recuperating Lady that Lunches her first Kwik Chek.  As you may remember, I'm slightly obsessed with their veggie delight pita and looked forward to this lunch all week.

This time I got smart and called it in.  Wayyyyy faster.  Although I wished I wasn't there an hour after they opened.  The space that I thought would be filled with yummy cucumber and pasta salads was either empty or filled with slices of pie.  (Good looking pie though.  Not its fault it's not a pasta salad.)

Anita ordered the gyro and it looked absolutely delicious.

I'm going to need that cucumber sauce recipe.

And this is where I made a big mistake.  Last time I got the Veggie Delight.  Hummus.  That cucumber sauce.  Swiss & parm.  Lettuce, tomato, onion, mushroom, and bell pepper.  Mixed with jalapeno on a tasty pita.  Oh, the excitement!

Well, I got a little too big for my britches and decided that, instead of the Veggie Delight, I'd get the Bloody Valentine.

I should have known from the name.

It's exactly the same as the Delight but with one important change - habanero sauce instead of cucumber.

Clueless of my blunder, I unwrapped my sandwich and took a biiiiiig gluttonous bite.

After admiring my pretty.

And it was hot.  Like REALLY hot. 

Bloody Valentine indeed.

Look, I like some spicy food.  I like to think I can eat some decent heat, but this sauce just overtook the whole thing.  It was better in the middle where there were more veggies and I sort of got used to it.  But it was not the tasty smooth pita experience I was expecting. 

All in all, it was fine.  (Although my lips were on fire for a good bit afterwards.)  If you like heat, this is right up your alley.  And really, this did work in Kwik Chek's favor.  I'm going to have to go back to get that Veggie Delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment