Sunday, October 13, 2013

Grilling, Loafing, & Ramen

What's been going on, Bubble friends?  We've been enjoying the cooler weather at our house and pulled out the grill twice last week.

I had some spinach I needed to use.  So perfecto.  I sauteed the spinach and mixed it with some light cream cheese.  I butterflied some boneless chicken breast and stuffed them with the spinach/cream cheese mixed.  I was a little paranoid about the cheese oozing out on the grill so I used crazy lots of toothpicks.

Needed a new box of toothpicks afterwards.

The grill flavor with the spinach & cheese mix was terrific.  Oh, and I almost forgot.  We grilled the cauliflower too.  Grill-tastic!

You can never go wrong with cheese.

Grilling round #2 time!  We're big fans of steak night at our house.  We used to go to a local restaurant - two people get an appetizer, salad, & steaks for $30 - but then we realized we could go to Charlie's, do it even cheaper at home, and most importantly be able to wear our pajamas at the same time.

Have you seen these grilled salad recipes floating around lately?  I had some iceberg lettuce leftover from lettuce wraps and decided to throw it on the grill. Spritzed it with olive oil, kosher salt, & pepper.  And boom!  A little wedge salad action to go with my steak.


Hmmm.  Not a lot to look at... 

Yup.  Looks like grilled iceberg lettuce.

I had the lettuce with a little bit of ranch and it was surprisingly good.  The grill adds a nice flavor.  Once you get over eating hot lettuce.

With broccoli and mac & cheese.

Doesn't cooler weather make you want meatloaf?  We decided to give the grill a break and I made a turkey meatloaf.  Turkey meatloaf tends to get soggy on me.  This is one of the better recipes I've found. 


I ate mine with some extra bbq sauce.  Veddy nice.

And I closed out the weekend with a little experiment.  I didn't know what a big deal ramen was until watching The Mind of a Chef with David Chang.  I mixed that with a bibimbap recipe and gotta say, it was pretty to look at and pretty good to eat.

Right before I doused it with sriracha.

Alrighty.  So that's what's been going on at my house.  Lots of cooking!  I'm ready for the cooler weather this upcoming week.  Might just be time for some potato soup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment