Friday, August 2, 2013

Birthday... Nom nom nom

Yesterday was my birthday and what a wonderful birthday it was.  Special cards, presents, and  calls from my family.  Texts from friends.  And treats from Hubs!  He picked out a new handbag for me all by himself and I LOVE it.  He did so good.  He even realized that I pretty much have every color of purse under the rainbow but pomegranate.   It is my new favorite thing.

I really try not to be materialistic.  (Although if you spill anything on our new couch, I'll cut you.)  But I adore a good handbag.  Thank you, my honey!

For dinner, I had quite the conundrum.  Andrew said we could go out and get something fancy like last year.  Or go out with friends.  Or whatever I wanted.  What to do?  Cuz that's pretty much covers everything you could eat in Memphis.

I chose the best of both worlds (which was basically a cop-out but The Hubs let me slide) - dinner date night on my actual birthday and Mexican with friends on Friday.  Muey bueno, no?

For birthday night, I picked Side Street because I love their steaks.  (And pretty much everything else.)  Delicious, reasonably priced, plus they have tasty appetizers & sides.  Winner, winner, steak dinner!

But then we went there with friends on Monday.  And got invited to be treated to a steak dinner over the upcoming weekend.  Hmmm.  Plan B...

Takeout from Central BBQ!  I love some good ribs and have been wanting to try their hot wings forever.

Mmmmm
Dont' forget the greens

It was so good.  We ate in pajamas (don't want to get sauce on your good clothes, you know) while catching up on the DVR.  Later, the puppies were especially cuddly.  (Probably just hoping to be thrown a bone...  Rib or chicken.)  And the night ended with something sweet...

Vanilla ice cream with nectarine & honey roasted peanuts
Such a lovely night.  AND Mexican tonight?  A girl could get spoiled...  Good thing it's just once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment