Friday, June 14, 2013

Ladies that Lunch - The Crazy Noodle

The ladies and I met today at The Crazy Noodle for a Friday lunch treat.  I've been wanting to try their Korean cuisine ever since I visited Kwik Chek next door.  (Also delicious although a little slow so I'll definitely call it in next time.)  Apparently it's a set of sisters that own the Crazy Noodle & Kwik Chek.  Gotta love a family venture!

The Crazy Noodle has great reviews on Urbanspoon and the menu has all sorts of fun things on it.  I love that they put pictures on the menu. Although it all looked so good that the pics ended up just making me indecisive.

I got there first and had my choice of tables since I was the only person in the place.  The restaurant isn't very big but they have plenty of seating just the same.  Our waitress was lovely and pointed out her favorite dishes on the menu.  She was vegetarian which made me notice that there were quite a few vegetarian options.  Always nice if you're into that sort of thing.  And if you're not, they can add chicken or beef.

I figured I'd go ahead and order us a snack.  Luckily us ladies have similar tastes so I ordered us up a shrimp side dish for sharing.  It came out looking pretty!  It was a little eggy which I didn't expect.  But gooooood.  The sauce on the side had a little kick.

Se-U-Jean
Chopped shrimp, carrots, green onions, and onion
Off to a great start!

After a few more questions for our server, our food came out in a timely fashion.  (With one person in the kitchen, I wonder if that's typical?)  I was pretty hungry so I was glad we were in the front of the line.

Natalie elected to skip spicy and go with a cold noodle dish. I had a taste and it was great.  The flavor was tasty and it was a lovely mix of noodles and crunch.  Originally a vegetarian dish that she added chicken to.

Jap-Chae Noodle
Sweet potato clear noodles, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and sesame oil with soy sauce
Anita went with a hot noodle dish. I had a little sip and it was good too.  She was pleased.  Ate and ate.  But hardly made a dent!

Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken with onions, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, potatoes, and chicken broth
Anita had a small vat leftover and said she was looking forward to eating the leftovers for dinner.  We all agreed that if you felt under the weather, it would be the perfect dish to get you healthy.

My meal was FABULOUS.  I  ordered a cold noodle dish too and requested it spicy.  And it was spicy indeed.  I excitedly slurped away.  But I was perhaps too excited because my chopsticks got away from me.  I somehow flicked them into the window and the red sauce on my white pants.  Of course, I did.
Bibim Meat Noodle
Chicken with zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts, green onions, and spicy sauce
It really was terrific.  Crunchy and noodly and chickeny.  Just a perfect dish.  I was, errrr, was the only one without leftovers.

We all left very, very pleased with our choices.  The waitress was super-nice and informative.  Prices reasonable - especially for the other ladies with their leftovers.  I think it's safe to say we'll all go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment