Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year

Truly! 

Christmas is my favorite holiday.  I love putting up decorations.  (And hate taking them down.)  The Hubs and I are real-tree folk and we made a night of decorating it.

Why is that thing in the house?
Put on National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and I even made some snacks.

Crab dip + phyllo = the easiest snack evahhhh
I like pulling out each ornament and remembering where they came from.  A lot came from my Hallmark days...  But the most memorable ones have better stories.

This lovely shark was a hard fought victory in a particularly dirty game of office dirty Santa

From our trip to New York
Possibly my fave... My now-nephew thought it looked like Andrew & I around our wedding time
And now the big reveal...

Tree!
Oh, how I love the lights and colors!  The Christmas tree smell!  Why leave the house?  There's no traffic or shopping crowds here.  Just puppies, movies, and, tonight in particular, I'm going to roast a chicken.  But more on that later...  Until then, I can only hope for snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment