Friday, November 9, 2012

Simple Spicy Sesame Noodles

Holy moly.  My mouth is still on fire from this one.   (In a good way.)

We have a great Chinese delivery place here in Midtown - Mulan Chinese Bistro.  One of my favorite things is their lo mein.  I find myself craving those noodles with some red pepper flakes or sriracha to kick it up a notch.

Today was one of those days. 

The only problem with that is Mulan has a minimum of about $20 for delivery.  Although I could eat $20 of delicious noodles and spring rolls and whatever else, I probably shouldn't.  For the sake of my britches.

To the Pinterest pins!  I remembered pinning a simple noodle recipe a while back.  Perfecto.  While not technically free since I paid for the ingredients at some point, it still felt free since I didn't have to pay $20 to get me some noodles.  And it took less than the time it would have taken to get here!

Extra green onions always seem to get used
I will say that I added some sriracha.  Umm, yeah.  Unnecessary.  Little spicy.  But still good.  Definitely saving this one.  Kitchen staples and made in the time it takes to boil pasta?  Plus, it tasted good?  Love it.

Simple Sesame Noodles

INGREDIENTS
  • 12 ounces, fluid Thin Noodles, Cooked And Drained
  • ¼ cups Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons Pure Sesame Oil
  • ½ teaspoons Hot Chili Oil
  • 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Hot Water
  • 4 whole Green Onions, Sliced Thin

DIRECTIONS
  1. Whisk all ingredients (except noodles and green onions) together in a bowl. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Pour sauce over warm noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment