Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Poppin' Fresh

Have you seen the refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough at Kroger? The kind that's next to the rolls of biscuits and cookies? I've been curious about how it tastes so I picked up a couple rolls the last time I was at the store. Also, I was hungry. Cardinal mistake because you get home with impulse buys. Like Pillsbury pizza dough. And 4 blocks of cheese...

But you know what? It turned out to be a great impulse buy.

I got the thin crust pizza dough. Which I immediately screwed up by not being careful enough when I was unrolling it. The Hubs was passing through the kitchen, saw my predicament, and said "that one's yours". Dang it. He caught me.

I rolled it out as thin as possible and got his out of the tube much better. Par-baked them. And then it was on.

I wasn't fast enough to get a full pic of The Hub's cheese & pepperoni

But my pepperoni, mushroom, & goat cheese shore was pretty!


I must say, I was impressed. After completely destroying my kitchen making dough from scratch, this way is MUCH easier. And tasted great! Hubs complimented it several times.

Pillsbury pizza dough, thumbs UP. I will be seeing you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment