Thursday, March 1, 2012

Taco Night

Recently, we hosted a little Taco Night. On a Friday. After work. Like a bunch of mo-rons. (Said in Reba voice.)

I thought I'd bitten off more than I could chew but, much to my surprise, finished with almost 10 minutes to spare! I was really pleased and, of course, took some pics:

Alton Brown's guacamole recipe was fab
That Alton Brown. He knows what he's doin'.

Chipotle Meatballs
This was my first time using chipotles in adobe sauce. If it's yours too, be warned. Hot sauce! (I diluted mine by basically starting over, adding the sauce back in slowly, plus some sugar.)

Lite Jalapeno Poppers
Speaking of hot, they didn't have fresh jalapenos at stupid Kroger. I used canned. Now these suckers were HOT.

Roasted Pork for the Tacos with a green chili & spices rub. Cooked on low all day in the slow cooker.

The finished product!

Sick of tacos? Taco salad. Mmmhmmm.

I also made some "refried" beans that I forgot to take a picture of. They weren't really fried. They were... Different. Not quite like a Mexican restaurant makes them, yaknowwhatImean? But still good. A box of Spanish rice & frozen yogurt with Girl Scout cookies brought the meal full circle.

The night ended with playing our new game & one of the best games ever - Guesstures. No pics taken to preserve the identities of big tomfoolery. All you really need to know is that the Girls ruled and the Guys drooled. Or something like that.

Until next time, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment